Monday, September 1, 2008

who says you can't go home?

I'm home from Roxbury and all my pictures from the weekend are up on Facebook. I'm a little proud of myself that I waited six full hours after getting home before posting them. Although I think the reason I did wait is that my exhausted body would not allow me to move off my couch. The most complicated thing I've done today was cook some ramen noodles... does that technically count as cooking?

The weekend was pretty amazing. It's always fun but some years just end up better than others. 2005 is still the best year in recent memory but this year wasn't very far behind it. We had just enough room in the house for everyone to sleep, although it does help that my mother and father wake up two to three hours after most of us go to bed. They also wake up when five or six people come traipsing into the house at 5am and my little brother marches into everyone's rooms and informs them that he hooked up with a 30-year-old. That's my little brother. This is part of what makes Mardi Gras so amazing.

I wish I could invite all my friends for the weekend because I know you would all enjoy it so much. Maybe one day when I am filthy rich, I will rent a huge house in Roxbury and put everyone into costumes and hand them red cups of beer and the party will begin.

No comments: