Monday, September 29, 2008

what i got

So New York baseball is over. It feels really over, since both stadiums are going to be demolished before next season, which is probably a good thing because last time I was at a Yankee post-season game, the entire tier was rocking when people got excited. Nothing to get excited about lately... I didn't even really care to watch the Red Sox series this weekend, although Moose did get his 20th win, so at least that's something. As I commented on my friend Krista's Facebook, "It's a small light in a dark tunnel."

However, there is a larger light at the end of that tunnel and that light is called The Rangers. Not that it was an especially bright light this weekend. I went with Ricky to my first of many games this season (I hope) and the Rangers lost 4-1. I always feel like, whenever I go to games, the Rangers never seem to have the puck as much as the other team does. Is that just because they're bad? Or am I just imagining it? Either way, the guy I really wanted to see play (and I can't even remember his name now, but he's new and it starts with a P) left the game because of a rough hit (that he gave, not received). Although, ask any of the amateur refs in my section and it was boarding and a clean hit. Whatever, the game is always fun, much more fun than baseball games, really. I think it's because it's inside, the seats are comfortable and a hot dog and beer is a mere hundred feet or so away. I really am an inside girl... that might sound dirty but take what you will from it.

Saturday night, we went to Dan and Tony's to watch the new Chris Rock special, which was really heavily political and slightly racist but I loved it anyway. And yesterday, I did pretty much nothing (as most Sundays go). I vacuumed the stairs and watched "90210" and "SVU" and wished Luke Perry would stop guest starring on "SVU" and go back to "90210" where he belongs. Just ride up on a motorcycle or something and sweep Kelly off her feet while Brenda seethes in the background somewhere and plots revenge by sleeping with Kelly's cute, young, quasi-boyfriend. That's the "90210" I remember.

Ugh... it's still Monday, isn't it?

6 comments:

Pete said...

The guy who got ejected from the game for the "boarding" call was Lauri Korpikoski, who has a few goals thus far in the pre-season. He may just make the team. I'm not sure which "P" player you might be thinking of, but P.A. Parenteau or Corey Potter are two likly candidates, also fighting to make the team this year. Parenteau has a shot. Potter, ::shrug::. The changes they have made on defense has been questionable at best. Which reminds me, I'm going to beat the Christmas rush, and just start hating Wade "Gosh I Suck" Redden right now. Oh, and, I'm pretty certain that Miika Wiikman drugged up Lundqvist and wore his jersey for that game on Saturday becase "Hank" let in every soft goal imaginable. What the hell was that?

I saw the pictures from your new camera! Pretty damn good, I must say.

Once again, let me remind you that I have an extra ticket for EVERY game this year, which went unused 3 times already. There's no reason why you can't see any/every game you want this season, just let me know. As long as I'm using the other ticket, there's no charge for the seat. I take the company as payment. 8 )

Let's Go Rangers!

Jen Isgro said...

Yeah, it was Korpikoski who I meant. (There's a P in there.) I saw him score an amazing goal Thursday night and was excited to see if he could do it again. And then... nothin'.

And yeah, what the hell, Lundqvist? I want to buy your shirt but I couldn't bring myself to do it on Saturday. Maybe next game.

And I'll let you know when I want to take you up on that. I'll have to get my hands on a schedule. :)

Brendan said...

When I was in Subway before I saw something on TV about how the elimination of the Mets yesterday cemented "the first October-less baseball in the city since the strike in 1994." I'm almost 100% certain that it should have read "the first baseball-less October in the city since 1994."

So, there that is.

Jen Isgro said...

I think it could go either way. It's the first baseball that didn't have any October games. It works.

Don't start making me doubt television.

Brendan said...

Yeah, but with the exception of the playoffs, all baseball is October-less, as it takes place in other months.

Anonymous said...

Not in New York, Brendan. Hence the comment.

Go Rangers!