Monday, October 13, 2008

maybe it's just me

So fucking Allstate is still screwing me over with this car. Apparently, something was broken that the garage didn't initially report and they fixed it, but they can't give me the car back until someone from Allstate goes down there and confirms that they are going to pay for it. This has been almost three weeks without a car now. Thankfully, almost everyone in my family has their own car, so I have been able to get around. Although I haven't asked my father if I can borrow his brand new Pathfinder yet. The thing is the size of an H3 and I would be totally paranoid driving it. Not that my father would even let me.

Gelo's wedding was a lot of fun on Friday. I was slightly annoyed that not every woman was in a gown and no one I knew- except the guys in the wedding party- was wearing a tux. I guess people do what they want. But I couldn't really be mad because I was in love with my dress. The drive up and back was pretty uneventful, although it was only three hours long, so I don't what sort of wacky hijinks I expected to get into. BJ, Christie and I stopped at a rest stop on the way up and I picked up a Burger King crown... I guess that's wacky.

I got recognized as a member of Fenix Down on Saturday night by the lead singer of Underwhelmed, who then proceeded to imitate my dancing in the Ready to Believe... excuse me, I'm Ready (don't even know the name of my own song) video. I don't know if I would have been recognized if not for my close proximity to Joe, but it was pretty cool. Maybe my odd point/bounce dance will be the thing that rockets me to fame.
I also remembered why I never go to clubs, although I really like dancing. The rock portion of the club (Delancey's) was in the basement and smelled like stale beer but the line for the bar was practically non-existant and each person had at least a few feet to him or herself. Upstairs, in the "cool" portion of the bar? The people were packed in like cattle and the bathroom was all the way on the other side of the pasture. I don't think I've ever said "Excuse me" as many times consecutively as I did on that trip to the back of the bar. So maybe upstairs would have been a better place to meet people but I'd rather sit on the couch in the corner downstairs and talk about random movies with people I know. I don't even mind the smell of stale beer. It's very rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one friend to another - never lose the point dance.

Anonymous said...

That was awesome that he knew your dance. How much more famous can you be! No one knows my dance.