Tuesday, October 7, 2008

lucky star

So my friend Vanessa sent a bunch of us an email last week, saying that she knew someone who followed this particular astrologist religiously (is that an oxymoron?) and that she herself had found that some of the things on the website were true. So I clicked it and read the ridiculously long Gemini entry for October. The only thing I remembered from it was that October 4th and 5th was a good weekend for love and that I should be out. Then, I spent Friday watching TV on my parents' couch and Saturday watching TV on my couch. I don't know if this means I am not ready for love, I don't care about finding love, or I just don't believe in astrology. Either way, it was a pretty uneventful weekend.

The thing is, I don't really have anyone to go out to bars with anymore. Everyone is coupled and I mean everyone (every girl). As I have often complained, it has been nearly impossible for my two roomates and I to have boyfriends all at the same time. And I am not even exaggerating, it literally happened like this:

We move in to the apartment. I have a bf, Nancy has a bf, Liza does not.
Liza meets Peter, Nancy breaks up with her bf, I still have a bf.
I break up with Tony, Liza still dating Peter, Nancy gets a new bf (sort of... technically)

So, somewhere in the deep blackness of my soul, I am hoping that one of their relationships breaks down so I can meet someone else. (Not really... I think)

I am going to a black tie wedding this weekend in a dress that is awesome and, if I do say so myself, makes me look pretty hot. However, as much as I have heard that weddings are good places to meet people, I find this not to be true. I usually find that people tend to stay at their own tables and talk to people they know. Unless all the matchmaking is just happening around me. Maybe I'm the eye of the coupling storm... ah, whatever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a single friend, that you don't know. Just saying.

Jen Isgro said...

That doesn't help me, Skitch. You're better at crime-fighting.

Brendan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brendan said...

I'm in a quasi-similar boat. My cousin Kevin's wedding is in two weeks and I am still girlfriend-less. I was really hoping to have amended this in time for the wedding. Not so much because I really want to be back in a relationship or anything, just because I was hoping that I'd shaken the "weird cousin who comes to things alone and is maybe gay" thing I had going on for so long.

ANYWAY, here's what needs to start happening: you and I need to go out looking for other single folk as an intergender tag team. Trust me, there is no way this doesn't work, I saw it on How I Met Your Mother.

Anonymous said...

What are you doing watching How I Met Your Mother?...

...OMG You are the weird cousin who is gay