Monday, March 16, 2009

relax! don't do it, when you wanna go to it...

So the ANTM open call in Manhattan turned into a riot over the weekend. Three people were arrested and six had to be taken to the hospital with various injuries, some the result of being trampled. Apparently, an overheating car prompted someone to scream, "It's a bomb!" which then started a stampede. Seriously? Who yells "It's a bomb" in a crowd of people? Besides the fact that you likely wouldn't see evidence of a bomb before it detonated... I don't know. I actually can't think of what reaction I would have in that situation. Not the overheating car, but the actually laying eyes on a bomb. I guess my first instinct would be to get the hell out of there and then feel horribly guilty later for the carnage I'd left in my wake by not hysterically alerting everyone else. Thankfully, I was too old to audition and so saved myself a lot of wasted time and potential broken bones. Now I'm happy to be old!

I had a pretty awesome weekend. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I had the most fun Friday that I will ever have at a cancer benefit. My family sure does know how to wring the sadness out of a situation. Also, Saturday was a really good time as well. Sitting at TGI Friday's, talkin' about dead people, then a viewing of Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood at Vinny and Emily's and Rock Band to wrap up the night. Sometimes, I really don't think my life has changed that much in the past ten years. I've just exchanged some of my friends. And there's slightly more alcohol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to Friendly's!

Jen Isgro said...

You are correct, sir. I had a mental lapse.

propmaven said...

Your family sure does now how to party, I had a great time too, and there was dancing, yay!

The word is "lushagp"... that's awesome.