Friday, March 27, 2009

i just wanna scream, hello...

One of my good friends at work got laid off yesterday. This is a guy I literally have lunch with every day, except Fridays. It's really shitty that this had to happen, especially to such a nice person and a hard worker. I can't think of anyone in my group who really deserves to be laid off, but I think he especially didn't. So now, I am glum. Also, I have to move my desk, away from where I have a modicum of privacy- and am right next to all my files- over into the cubicles with everyone else. I used to sit with everyone in the old office, so it's not like I won't get used to it, but I sort of like being slightly separated from everyone, and having a much larger desk. I mean, I'm everyone's admin, so I should be accessible to everyone. Ah, well... bitching isn't going to get me anywhere, especially to people who have absolutely no control over the situation.

I am looking forward to tomorrow morning (afternoon?) for the League Tuffendale baseball draft, and tomorrow night, for Maloney's and Vinny being home again, but I am dreading the in-between time, when I have to go to the Time Warner Cable office and drop off my old cable box and modem. The last time I was there, to switch out my original box for a DVR, it was a Monday afternoon (I had called out sick from work) and it was PACKED. So I am really not looking forward to going alone on a Saturday afternoon. I might try to guilt my father into going with me. The cable box is awfully heavy...

Other than that, I don't have much else to report. Last weekend was a fun drunken time (blowing .24 on the breathalyzer at BJ's might be my personal best, and I am even more proud after watching Castle last night, and hearing that someone at .28 is near unconscious) and the rest of this week hasn't offered up any gems. But, like I said, I am looking forward to tomorrow. I hope TWC doesn't sour my mood.

EDIT: I asked my dad to go with me tomorrow and he said to just drop off the box and modem with a blank check and he will bring it for me on Monday. Soooo spoiled. Between my father doing everything for me and my brother having dinner on the table every night when I get home from work, I am never going to find a man to measure up. If I wasn't allergic, I'd be gathering cats right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been listening to "Elderly Woman...?"

You are such a daddy's girl.

propmaven said...

I wouldn't say you're so much spoiled as you just have an awesome Dad. I too am spoi- have an awesome Dad. You know he's good when your new copy of Wall-E won't play on his DVD player so he tries to repair the scratch and then instead of just watching something out, runs out to the store to buy another copy of Wall-E just so I could watch it then and there... my Dad rocks. Oh, and if anyone hasn't seen Wall-E yet, I'll lend it to you, oh and Jen, we should totally have a Pixar viewing party.