Tuesday, August 11, 2009

fly me to the moon...

We're leaving for Disney World Saturday morning. I am more than a little excited. Now that all the moving is done (not the unpacking, but whatever), I have been more able to focus on the trip. And also, on the germs that will be parading around the airport and the plane (and probably the theme park but I think the excess happiness of the place cancels them out). I have been seriously considering wearing one of those surgical masks on the plane. I mean, I understand I will probably look like a paranoid crazy person but I am so afraid of getting swine flu that I might not care about looking like a loon for two and a half hours in front of five of my friends and some other people I will most likely never see again.

Also, my sinuses have been so bad that I am expecting them to just explode out of my head at a certain altitude.

I am really excited but I very much just want to be in Florida. I hate flying.

6 comments:

propmaven said...

Aw, boo!
I will be pro-mask if you so choose, whatever makes you comfortable!

I think I actually have some in my apartment (from when I de-spidered my place last year) I'll give a look tonight.

4 MORE DAYS!!!

the Gull said...

While landing in New Orleans last month I thought my sinuses were going to pop out of my head. It hurt so bad, my eyes were tearing and looked like they were literally going to pop out of my head. It was so painful. I think it was because of the rapid decrease in altitude because it didn't happen on the way home.

I should have flown Jet Blue. The pilots are better trained.

Jen Isgro said...

Yeah, the first time we went to Disney, I was in ridiculous pain. Then I fell asleep and, when I woke up, I was fine. I'm hoping I can sleep through most of the flight this time, too.

propmaven said...

Do you guys chew gum in the air? I always chew it and it helps relieve some of the pressure. Jen, I'll have plenty with me so don't you worry!

Jen Isgro said...

I thought gum was for your ears popping.

propmaven said...

It is, but it also helps relieve pressure in general... couldn't hurt! You'd think they'd fine a way to solve all this by now right???