Sunday, October 3, 2010

just a little bit

I can't believe that I haven't posted on here since June. It's goddamn October already. I was just sitting on my couch for the last hour or so, reading all my old blog posts, starting with Livejournal and feeding into Blogger. I don't know if my life was more interesting a few years ago, or I just posted a lot of crap (probably the latter), but I used to post something everyday. It probably also helped that, for most of that time, I had a job where I sat in front of a computer for eight hours a day and didn't have to feed or burp anyone.

Dan and I are sitting in our living room, each of us on his/her own laptop. We do this a lot and I think it's sad sometimes. But not sad enough to stop me from typing this blog entry...

The Cougarhawks were mercied this morning. I know I have a big mouth in the outfield and yell things like, "Pick up the ball!" and "Come on, guys!!", meanwhile, I let easy balls past me all the way to the fence. In my head, I swear, I am the best softball player there is. Knowing the rules and having the talent are not the same thing but I really wish they were. I would be the first 4'10" woman to crack a homerun over the fence.

My bridal shower was yesterday. I was 75% surprised. I got a lot of great stuff, but best of all were the two holiday baskets my aunt Ellen made me, containing decorations for most major holidays. I was almost crying looking at them yesterday. I love having a decorated house but I just don't have much stuff. I "decorated" for Halloween on Friday by putting out a Halloween dish towel and bathroom towel, a picture frame with a picture of me and Michelle that I made at a scrapbooking party, a small sign, three rubber ducks dressed in costumes and a Winnie-the-Pooh door decoration. I know that sounds like a lot but... no, wait, no, it doesn't. So you can understand my elation at receiving a bit more to pretty up the house. (Such a woman.) I want to have some people over one night in October. I just hate decorating only for us. I like to share it with everyone.

Okay, I'm done now, but I swear I'll be back soon.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Well, I'll see the decorations tomorrow!

Also, Michelle will be happy she made the decoration cut!

Anonymous said...

I love decorating too!

~nan

propmaven said...

I AM! Even though its months from this post! I was/am honored! Yay!!!