Monday, May 10, 2010

time after time...

Home watching "The Wonder Pets" right now. Some people think that it is too early to watch cartoons for Abby's benefit. I disagree, I think the sooner the better. I have big plans to raise a genius child and live off her money in my old age. You heard it here first. If I have to suffer through some "Wonder Pets" now to live in luxury later... actually, what am I saying? I like "Wonder Pets." It's kind of a cartoon opera. Seriously, watch it some day. It's almost all performed in song.

For those who might not know, I will not be returning to work. It's weird to not have somewhere specific to go every morning. Weird but good. Boring sometimes, but every day is different for me, now that I can use Dan's car and have freedom to leave the house. I don't have to sit on the couch staring at her for eight hours a day. Not that I don't love staring at her, but she's only just begun to be entertaining. Also, once I started thinking of taking care of her as a job, it got to be a lot easier. I am better when I have a bit of structure. The whole thing is insanely ovewhelming in the beginning. "So I just have to keep filling up bottles, feeding them to her, cleaning them and then refilling them for the forseeable future?" It's like a job that's never done. That is until she gets old enough to feed herself and I wonder where the time went.

I watched Betty White on "SNL" today. That was the funniest episode of that show I have seen in a really long time. Partly due to Betty but also probably because they invited back all of the funny women who were on the show for the last fifteen years. Another classic Delicious Dish sketch, featuring Betty's Dusty Muffin. It was like the whole episode revolved around how dirty an 88 year old woman could be... and I loved it. We know my mind is always in the gutter.

1 comment:

propmaven said...

And that's what we love about you Jen!... well, one of the things =) Enjoy WP with Awesome Abs! Hope to see you both soon!