Monday, February 2, 2009

i'm moving out!

I found two songs with pretty much the same lyric. I should probably have saved this when for when I'm actually moving out but whatever. I have faith in my creativity; I'll find a new one.

Anyway, yes, I am moving out, between March 1st and April 1st. The apartment I mentioned in the last entry will be mine and Ricky's new home. I am really excited about it, but also sad about leaving Nancy. I've come to really love the apartment I live in now, but really, I feel like the love is slowly beginning to drop and pretty soon I may end up hating it. My neighbor is a big part of the reason why I will be pleased as punch to get out, but there are other reasons, too, which I won't document here.

My new apartment is on the first floor, so this will be the first time I don't have to climb a flight of stairs (other than the front stoop) to get to my house. The people who live above me are a young couple with a really adorable baby girl and they seem very nice, so I don't think we'll have any problems in that department. This is also the first time I've lived in a non-brownstone-style house. I am no longer connected on one or both sides. I am really moving up in the world, aren't I?

I had a crazy dream last night involving Randall Flagg somehow but I can't remember what it was. All I remember is waking up to my brother Alex calling my name and feeling very creeped out, since it had sounded as if him calling me was what had woken me up. See what reading comic books is doing to me? This didn't happen when I read the actual books... although almost being hit with flying pieces of wood and seeing hidden messages on balloons might be a little bit worse. Seriously. The Dark Tower made me a little bit crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So you'll be living in a fully detached house? Where's it at?

Jen Isgro said...

It's on Bay 10th Street. Not far at all from where I live now; you just make a right off the highway instead of a left. It's near Outback and the Vegas Diner, if that means anything to you. We went there once after a show. To the diner, not my house.

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up, can't wait to see the new pad.
Good things, good things.
The password is... cestly. What would it mean to do something in a cestly manner?

Jen Isgro said...

Cestly (adverb): to have sex with someone who is not a member of your family

propmaven said...

Yay Jen! Let me know if I can help in the move in ANY way. Also, when are we having a good-bye party for your now apartment???