Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i'm a loser, baby...

Seven days in and I think the New Year's resolution is coming along pretty well. I am actively trying to stay positive but I hope that, eventually, I won't have to think about it anymore and it'll just happen. Like breathing.

I'm also part of a Biggest Loser competition with some of my family members. I was asked by my cousin if I wanted to take part in it, and her question was prefaced with, "I don't want to insult you by asking this, but..." I'm glad she thinks I am fit enough to be insulted by being asked if I want to lose weight. Anyway, I have to kick in $20 at the beginning and then, for every week I gain, I have to throw in another $5. I believe we're doing this until some time around Easter. I usually hover around the same weight anyway, so as long as I don't gain, I won't lose all that much money. I've tried before to switch my diet over to healthy foods, which for me, mostly means grilled chicken instead of fried. But this time, I think I'll try a little harder, being that there's money involved. I also did a 22 minute Exercise-on-Demand in my living room last night, ignoring the fact that I actually belong to a gym to which I NEVER GO. I swear, if I ever try to pay money to a gym again, someone direct me to this post. Unless I am doing Fenix Down full-time and have free mornings and afternoons in which to make myself attractive to our millions of fans. Then, it's all right.

I'm also trying to do some other good things for myself in this new year. I cooked myself an actual dinner last night (grilled chicken... see?... and rice) as opposed to eating ramen noodles or a grilled cheese. I've also been wearing my glasses at work, like I'm supposed to. I'm taking care of myself this year. All I have to do is actually fill out that 401K paperwork and I'll really be on the ball. I've only been sitting on that for over a year... I'm sure I'll get to it any day now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jen! I'm hoping I can stay with it too, the resolutions. Though running on my treadmill today, I slipped and put my foot through the wall. No pain, no gain!

Oh, and the password is "boritu"...

Anonymous said...

My hair will represent the length of all our dedication. Keep on keepin' on!

The password is... gledu

Jen Isgro said...

I have nothing to say except the password is "lavoicio", which just sounds like an Italian opera term.

Anonymous said...

I do exercise on demand too. "Sexy beach abs" here we come.
Since I've been on the DL these last couple of days I haven't been able to work on my resolutions. But rest assured excitement is coming.

Brendan said...

I, too, have nothing to say except to point out that the password is "fulicati," which ALSO sounds like an Italian opera term.

Coincidence? Or Italian opera blog conspiracy?

propmaven said...

I blame the SOB and getting sick for destroying my resolutions, though did I really need to have inaguration cake today? Probably not, but YES WE CAN! say no to cake! I just thought it was so funny, it was chocolate on chocolate cake! It was funny to me... at the time... yeah, I think I need a vacation. Anyways, good job Jen! Let's get together soon and cook a dinner type dinner, maybe others can come and eat of it's grilled goodness...